Welcome to Information Products Guide
Selling Info Net Products When You Dont Have Your Own Website Article
How to Sell Info Products When You Don't Have a Websitefrom: Internet Exposed Files
If you are interested in selling information products, you can either:
- Write your own articles and e-books and sell them in your online store at your own website
- Buy the re-sell rights to someone else's e-books and articles. This is quicker and easier but will of course cost you money initially.)
- Promote other people's e-books and articles on your site. Basically, this means you become their affiliate and have their links on your website.
- Sell e-books on eBay, if you either buy the re-sell rights to other people's products or if you write your own material for these e-books.
Most people think that to sell information products over the internet that you have to have your own website. That is an incorrect assumption. There are at least two great ways to sell information products without having your own website:
- eBay and
- affiliate marketing.
You could even build your whole online business around eBay. Tens of millions of people browse eBay every year, looking for all manner of products and even services, although eBay is less well known for selling information products.
One note of caution, here, before you get carried away with how easy it is to sell information products this way.
Last year ebay changed its rules for selling information
- you can no longer use ebay auction sites if you are selling digital information products! You can only use the classifieds section; but it is not as effective.
- you can still sell information products using ebay auction sites, if you deliver them as physical product. (i.e. printed material, CDs, DVDs, etc.)
Also keep in mind that people don't often associate eBay with information products. You have to think like a buyer to find your potential market. For instance, if you have written a book about diet, you should place your book under the health and fitness category. If you have written an book on "25 Ways to Improve Your Golf Swing", then you should put your book in the sports category on eBay. That way, you'll know that your book is targeted at an interested audience.
One other really clever trick -if you're not sure what to write your book about - is to check out the popular categories at eBay. eBay has a feature which allows you to see what the most popular searches are, so you can find out where your biggest potential market is and develop or buy a product to meet a need which that particular niche market has.
You can have a highly successful and lucrative online business just by you being an affiliate, promoting other people's products. You can find what sorts of things people are selling online through Froogle launched as you may expect, by the Internet giant Google, Basically, it's the world's largest online shopping directory. You can find information products here too.
You can even do the otherwise impossible task of finding out what products NOBODY is selling which might just be where your niche is for selling your own product.More likely, you will find out who your competitors are if you intend to sell goods or services online.
If your online business is going to be based upon affiliate marketing, though, you can easily find out what the high price information products are and from there you can decide what may be good affiliate partners to seek, based upon the product and what percentage you would get from sales as an affiliate marketer of this information product.